Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ju wan man-go?


I was exhausted the day we met. It was the crack of dawn. I had barely slept. My hair was all over the place, my pajamas hadn’t left my body... come to think of it, I don’t even think  I was wearing a bra . This, with DD size breast, isn’t cute. I probably had eye boogers and dried up saliva on my mouth. I tend to drool sometimes. Either way, I resembled a Picasso. I was distorted and not making sense, but in his eyes, I was beautiful. At least that’s what I believed when I found out the extent of what he had to do to find me.

He knocked on my door and proceeded to ask the age old question that every person with a Mango tree gets during Mango season. Good morning, he said, may I take some mangoes from your tree? A million thoughts ran through my head at that point. The main one being, why would you wake me up at 7am to ask me for some damn mangoes? Jump the fence, grab them and then flee the scene. I would’ve been none the wiser and I’d be hibernating in some deep REM right about now. Contrary to what I was thinking and feeling, I was nice. Of course, I said behind sleepy eyes, take ‘em all if you want. He walked around the house and into the back yard.

I closed the front door and was walking back to bed when it hit me. He might need a bag for the harvest he was lifting from my backyard. I got some plastic shopping bags that I keep on deck for my puppy’s poopies and open the back door. It was then that I noticed it. He was hot! It wasn’t the normal hot that I am attracted to. I usually go for the funny nerd sitting in the corner. Not one to chase looks, intellect attracts me. But, this time, the outside had grappled my attention and I was hooked.

By God was this man muscular. He had his back to me, but he had to be about 6’2, not sure about the weight because the muscles might make him sound heavy. He had dark hair, light eyes and when he reached up to the tree to grab a mango, something moved inside me. It wasn’t sexual, it felt deeper than that. Something that hadn’t been touched in a really time. I craved his attention, but this one had to be played properly. I called him over and asked him if he needed a bag. When he turned around with about 5 mangoes resting on his tattooed deliciously formed arms and I saw the dimple on his cheek when he smiled at me I was sold. I wanted him.

This was a first for me. My besties always told me that I was the male in every relationship that I’ve had. I love to tease them, draw them in and once I have them wrapped around my little finger I lose interest and break their hearts. Truth of the matter was I didn’t believe in love. Love was for suckers. I had fallen one to many times and I refused to play the idiot ever again. Get what you want and then leave them wanting more. That way you will always be the one that got away, but you will always have your integrity and an untarnished heart.

All this changed for me once we made eye contact. Wow. I didn’t think that a cold heart could warm up with one smile and one gaze, but my heart did. It felt as if instantly I was in love. He could see right through me. I knew him like no other and he knew me. We were…..soul mates. Destined to spend eternity together and having a link to the past. No one would ever come between our bond and nothing on this earth could ever tear us apart.

He walked over to me and grabbed the bag. He smiled again and said thank you. He sheepishly looked down at my chest and then I remembered. NO BRA! I did not brush my teeth and this Adonis was standing a spoiled milk breath away. Oh my God, my curly kinky hair was probably pointing out all the flaws in the earth at that moment. Not to mention the fact that my breast were not perfectly shaped and plumped up to reveal a suggestive decollage. It seemed as if I were an octopus. I had hands and arms flailing about to cover my breast, draw down my shorts, fix my hair, wipe my mouth and remove the eye boogers that had accumulated over night. All the while, I continued to smile with my eyes and draw him into my web of proposed happiness. I could tell how he cautiously laughed that he was sold. This man was going to be mine.

Thanks for the bag, he said, rather shy I thought. This was no way for him to react to me. I mean, I’m practically naked in front of him. Men can always tell when they have a woman where they want them and THIS man can have ME any which way he finds fit. I was ready to be molded and delivered to an eternal bliss. Regardless of how my body and heart alike, quivered for this man, he didn’t notice it. I politely smiled, said you’re welcome and told him I was going back to bed. Hope you get some sleep, he coyly said, I’m sorry to have awaken you. Don’t worry about it, I smiled as I walked back up to the door and walked back into my house.

I stood up against the door for what seemed like hours. I smiled. I hadn’t felt this happy in a very long time. I didn’t know his name, I didn’t know who or what he did. I just knew that he wanted my mangoes. My mangoes made him happy and because he was happy, I was too.

No comments: