Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Poem - I learned

I know...I know. I'm super late in posting this. Long story, but I'm sure you don't want to hear any excuses. (I don't want to make any up anyway...it's late. I want to go to sleep)

I went on www.pathetic.org to post my poem first. Of course, the new password I set up, was declined and the current password that was automatically created did not allow me to post the poem. This is the same thing that happened last time and it ended up posting my poem like eight different times.

AnyWHO...here is what I promised. A couple of hours late...but it's here. I'M WORKING ON IT PEOPLE!!

I present to you.... I LEARNED

You broke my heart.
I'm furious.
Not because you broke it,
but because I let you.


You arrived with a smile.
I melted.
Empty promises overwhelmed me.
I hoped you would change.


You showed no remorse.
I caved.
You shattered my looking glass,
showing me the blackness hidden behind.


You walked away...again.
I stood.
My heart was full of thought,
you weren't the one.


You turned and laughed.
I loved.
Hidden behind the darkness was flesh,
my heart will beat again.


**

Sooo what did you think? Not bad for a couple of minutes of work, huh? Horrible, I know. Now, if you'll excuse me...I have another task to complete for Wednesdays blog.

Me =)

No comments: